You are hereGeneral Meeting

General Meeting


By Visitor - Posted on 06 September 2010

Location: 
Old Mill Boathouse

Proposed Meeting Minutes from last meeting.
 
Rocky Point Sailing Association
 
Executive Meeting Minutes   July 13 2010
 
Attendees:
Executive Members
Ryan Neilson-Commodore
Chuck Lewis-Treasurer
Bruce Jamer-Secretary
Geoff Williamson-Past Commodore
Rob Woodbury-Youth Program Advisor
Barry Whiston-Rear Commodore
 
 
Guests:
Colin McGillivray
Connor McGillivray
Ian Woodbury
Barb Jay
Samantha Taylor
 
 
Meeting commenced at 7:40 p.m.
 
1.       Adopt Minutes from last meeting
MOTION: To accept minutes from June 8/2010 meeting as read. Lewis/Whiston MOTION PASSED
2.       Correspondence
-letter to Sam from Kinder Morgan Canada thanking RPSA for loan of life jackets for school tour of their salmon enhancement project, also $100 honorarium to our club.
-solicitation letter from Yellow Pages for RPSA to place advertisement-we will decline.
3.       Bills Of Allowance
MOTION: to approve a total of $13,925.83 as presented, for employee wages, enrollment cancellations, expense reimbursements. Lewis/ Williamson MOTION PASSED
4.       Reports of Executive Members
Treasurer-C. Lewis-hard copy attached to printed version $101,922.20 in the various bank accounts.   $1602.22 in cash account. All accounts balance to penny MOTION: to accept treasurers report as presented Lewis/Williamson MOTION PASSED
Commodore-No report
Past Commodore report-Jimmy to replace Sam next year as Sailing Director. He posed the question of who will be replacing Jimmy as senior or head instructor. A job description for this role is needed and we need to identify good potential candidates.
Secretary-No Report
Other Reports:
Chuck- The inflatable tender Molly has 5-6 leaks. Chuck has arranged for River Marine to repair-no quote received as yet.
Tender Big Red-problem with carburator on motor-fine particles have been showing up in fuel (plastic?). Repair shop has quoted $500 to $1000 to repair. The choices of sell versus keep were debated. Given the age of the motor and high hours, it is not viewed as economic to repair. Other wear-related problems are manifesting themselves.
Geoff W. to look into replacement motor and trade in value of existing unit.
 
Sailing Director’s report-Samantha Taylor:
Spring program: 791 participants in the program, better overall than prior year. $19,725 gross margin vs $11,000 last year.
The program was simplified and streamlined which helped significantly. 
Sam reports that it is definitely time to dispose of the remaining Sabots. Optimist Dinghies would be preferable, particularly for Grade 4 users.
Jimmy, Greg and Connor helped with organizing and delivering the program.
Summer program: as of the date of this meeting, summer programs are almost full. The remaining Bronze course spots are almost filled. The Wet Feet program is also almost full. There are 5 spots remaining in the White Sail program.
The staff orientation went well, there has been great enthusiasm. Coaches are growing in their respective roles. The new female coaches are gaining in confidence. Sebastian is working until late August, then returns to school. He has been taking a lead role in outboard motor maintenance.
Have been doing maintenance on the 420 fleet. All are currently functional. The boats ‘dedicated’ for White Sail and Bronze programs respectively have been numbered. We are currently waiting on plastic planks for dock.
We may have to cancel the volunteer training program due to lack of participants-have 5, need 8.
An employment agreement/contract needs to be drafted for Jimmy for next year.
Wrap-up BBQ for members scheduled for August 29.
Need to write up contract for BC Summer Games charters, damage deposits etc. Sam to involve Rob Woodbury and Geoff in getting this done.
Summer Games update-Ryan & Geoff:
July 19 there will be a BC Summer Games (sailing) planning meeting. On July 22 (Thursday) there will be a short duration BC Summer Games camp.
BC Summer Games has not yet told RPSA how much $ they are giving us.
New racing course marks have been purchased for $5,000.
Summer Games sailors will need to do all showering and changing in the upstairs area of OMBH only.
Insurance coverage details are currently being worked out by Summer Games organizers and City of Port Moody.
The fleets will consist of 25 Optis, 25 Radials and 3 Lasers.
Accreditation/ID will be required for those volunteering or attending Games functions in Langley.
September Regatta-Sam will make up a ‘volunteer’ list and define roles. We need to appoint an organizing chair. Need to set participant fee-Rob has some ideas on these topics, as does Geoff.
 
Next meeting: September 13, 7:30 pm at Old Mill Boat House.
MOTION: to adjourn meeting-Neilson/Lewis-MOTION PASSED
Meeting adjourned at 8:58pm.

Tags

RPSA logo